Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day

I don't really have a whole lot of time to put up pretty pictures or even say a whole lot, but I just wanted to give an update of my first day of classes.

I only had two classes on Monday. The first was Chemsitry at 1:00 p.m. The second was Family History at 2:00 p.m..

I woke up at the same time that Emma woke up (around 6:30) because I've decided that I really like getting up early. The problem was that after I finished all of my reading and "homework" for the day, I had nothing to do with 2 hours to spare before classes.

So I decided to just pick a random class and go to it. I looked up the class schedules online and came to the conclusion that I wanted to check out a Calculus class just to see what BYU Calc is like.

I found a room number in the JKB where the class was going to be held in ten minutes. I walked over to the JKB from the Benson building (for those of you who don't know how far they are from each other... it's not too far but they're on opposite ends of campus.)

I barely made it into the room by 11:00am. There were a LOT of guys in the room. Maybe 2 girls besides me. I figured hey, not a whole lot of girls must take Calculus. So I sat down and got my computer out... settled down.

The professor walked into the room and said, "Welcome..."


"...to Book of Mormon for Returned Missionaries."



No wonder there were only a few girls in the class. Lots of cute RMs though. :P Needless to say, I stayed. It seemed like it was a pretty good class, too. Especially if you're already pretty familiar with the Book of Mormon like RMs are. And the class isn't forbidden to non-RMs... but non-RM classes are forbidden for RMs to take. Maybe because of their advantage. Who knows.


Well after that I went over to Michael and Sare's condo to help them out with some stuff, and then I went to my Chemistry class. It seems pretty easy so far, but most first classes do.

The next class I went to was Family History and I LOVED it. The professor, Brother Alford, is very funny and very spiritual. I'm sure that class will be worth the extra two credits it cost me. In fact, during his introduction to the course he explained that BYU made it so that the two credits for REL C 261 are made so that you don't have to spend as much time on the class as the university "usual."

After Family History I went back to the apartment and studied for a while and did some Chemistry homework. Then we went to our FHE activity with the whole ward at the Bishop's home in Alpine, Utah. The activity was tons of fun and our new ward seems really awesome.

I look forward to the rest of the semester.

(And now I'm off to MMBIO 120: Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Techniques...)

4 comments:

Deb said...

That's funny about the RM class. Are you going to go back?

Sounds like you're keeping busy and doing good things. I hope it's a great semester for you.

Sarah said...

Haha no I think the RM class was a one-time thing for this semester. Maybe when I take my next religion class I'll do the RM's only section just for kicks. Hahaha.

Jane Babcock said...

Sounds like a good day.

BobandLu said...

I laughed at your wrong class funny. I've never done that one but I did walk into a movie that I thought was just starting but it had just 15 min left. During those 15 minutes I kept thinking... "what a WIERD movie!"