Thursday, August 27, 2009

Homemaking

Today was rather uneventful. No classes to stress about yet, no fun events to pass the time with.

I went up onto campus to take care of some little things after we went shopping with Grandma Jane and moved our things in a bit. When I was done with my business on campus I realized that I was incredibly hungry.

So... when I got back to the apartment I decided to make spaghetti!


This is what the kitchen looked like after I was done:



Our table. All set!







Spaghetti!! (With chicken and green beans... a deadly concoction. Bwahaha.)




Emma's first bite... she took my "First Bite Picture" on her camera. :P




7 comments:

Deb said...

Looks yummy! Much better than our McD dinner. Blah. Even Owen says, "NOT MCDs!"

Sarah said...

Hahaha yeah. Fast food gets really old really fast. I'm trying to think of other things that are easy to make besides spaghetti. Any ideas?

Deb said...

Tacos, stir fry, french toast (and similar breakfast foods), other pastas, baked chicken, baked potatoes, English Muffin pizzas...I'm getting hungry! You guys need a crockpot. That would be helpful once school starts.

Sarah said...

We actually do have a crockpot. No idea how to use one though... hahaha.

Jane Babcock said...

Rice is easy and makes good left overs. I should have given you some brown rice. More healthy. Put it on your list for when you come again.

Sarah said...

Mmmm I love brown rice. Can't you just leave crockpots for hours too? That would be pretty helpful if I have a large block of stuff to do.

landbeck said...

Never fear! Jenni made Emma crockpot once a week the first month she was home. They are easy; take meat and hard, raw vegetables, put in crockpot on warm. Leave for 6 hours. Eat.

Hey, go read my blog post about crock potting soup, too!