Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pefect Day

I wake up to the sound of the ocean. I open my eyes and I am surrounded by white.

I roll onto my side and I can see the sun barely peeking over the waves. It is morning, and colors are thrown across the ocean and through the sky.

I step down onto hardwood floor. Barefoot. I make my way outside. A breeze gently caresses my face as I glide toward the waves.

My family is sleeping in our home as I welcome the early morning.

I have forgotten the meaning of stress, pain, worry.

I know only peace. I know only joy.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful.

BobandLu said...

I'm part of the family right?! :) Let's go! Last night I actually had a dream of being in the ocean. It wasn't nearly as nice as your version.

Sarah said...

:)

you know it's interesting... after I got done writing that I felt really peaceful and worry-less.

apparently what i write about affects my mood. haha.

hannaH said...

oh man, that sounds amazingly amazing. wish that worked for me. haha.
i'm planning on taking a creative writing course next year. so i guess i'll be able to work on that.