Sunday, April 13, 2008

work, school, and ball

I decided that it would take way too long to try and explain everything that has been going on in my life for the past couple of however long it has been since we all last saw each other. So I'm just going to write about what has been going on recently.

So... I got a job at Panera Bread a couple of weeks ago. I requested Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays off, and so far that agreement has been honored. I really like working there. Everyone is really nice and fun, and I get to take home free food at the end of the day. If I want to buy stuff during my shift for break I get 65% off which is not bad at all.

School has been going okay. I think I'm getting senioritis... or I've had it for the past like... four years... I don't know. But it's getting harder and harder to be motivated in school. I'm still getting pretty good grades but the grades just aren't mattering as much as they used to.

Speaking of school, this girl from the New Vision program named Shannon has been trying to get me to go to Senior Ball for the past like... month. I've kept sort of fluctuating between whether or not I wanted to go and she keeps getting really excited or really disappointed... depending on what I tell her. But I finally got a pattern for a dress, the fabric, and all the stuff to make it with... and my mom's committment to make it for me. Not to mention booking an appointment for an updo and whatever. So now I have to go. Shannon will be happy. :P

4 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Yeah, we've been enjoying that Panera Bread! Thanks, Sarah.

Everybody laughed at me last night when I turned over a plain-looking roll and got very excited. It was a pecan roll, one of my favorites. Delicious!

Oh, and I deleted my last comment because I realized nobody would know who made it. Just me.

Love,
Mom

David Babcock said...

Sarah,

Senioritis is a life-long thing.
Some peer pressure is good, I hope the prom thing goes well. Good luck making it out of high school with mostly good memories.

--Uncle David

BobandLu said...

I should have decided to do more fun things (like going to the dance). You only get one chance for those kinds of things! And yes, please share pictures of everything! Dress, Seth, picnics... what ever you want. I'm glad you're sharing!
Luanna