Thursday, July 9, 2009

California

We got here exactly one week ago. I've taken a lot of pictures, but I misplaced my cord that allows me to upload pictures onto my computer. So until I get one in the mail, there won't be any pictures.

I went to the ocean a few days ago with my cousin Janae and aunt Pam. They stayed on the beach while I got into the water. (The flag was yellow -- so the waves were moderately dangerous.) I went in anyway because I'm just a fan of waves.

It was probably a bad idea to get into the water right after putting sunscreen on my very sunburned shoulders... because now they are scaly and peeling like crazy. And they hurt a bit too. Hopefully they'll heal soon so that we can go to the beach again!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I thought you were going to describe your "caught in a wave" experience for us. That's what happened to me when I was 5. And I didn't deal with it very well-- was scared of the ocean after that. Surfer friends told me, "Good, you should be scared of it." Or at least have a healthy respect. I'm glad you're okay and glad you blogged. Squeezes.

P.S. I believe in family prayer. We've been praying for you.

Jane Babcock said...

I hope you have great fun. California is wonderful. We had a fun week too. Our beach was cool and breezy. I only got a red nose. No pain though.